So this is Rory.
As of today, it is officially 1 year since Rory became a member of our family! Sometimes I forget he was actually so tiny once upon a time.
Mostly because, nowadays, he looks like this.
That’s the center console of our couch. He tends to cascade off the sides.
I love my gargantuan kitty. <3
Remember back in the day when you could still get a halfway decent DBZ doujinshi for $15? Nowadays even the “cheap” ones cost twice that amount on average, and they tend to have worse art and fewer page counts. When did shitty fanwork get so expensive??
WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE FAVING THAT DON’T ENCOURAGE ME
Random Sally-mun Fact: When I was a young teen (like 14 or so) I had a hobby where I’d get on the computer, look up DBZ websites, and go through their image galleries and save just about any and all pictures I could find. I’d then go through the barrage I’d just saved, name them, and archive them in carefully sorted and organized folders. I can’t really explain why I did this, other than to say I found it fun and satisfying for reasons I still can’t pinpoint.
And that’s why I have approximately 12,000 pictures from the Dragon Ball franchise saved to my external hard drive (literally a 10th of which are of Vegeta).
You released the dead people!
So apparently when I bought gas this week, someone somehow got ahold of my card numbers, cloned the card, and has been making charges to it all day today. I got a call from Fraud Detection and had to deactivate the card. The best part: There’s a $15 fee to replace it.
The woman on the phone said I “might” be able to get the fee waived. If they won’t do it, that’s fucking bullshit, because I had nothing to do with this situation. I didn’t even lose it, I still HAVE the card. I can’t help that someone cloned it when I bought fucking gasoline.
Does anyone need any last-minute Club Nintendo PINS?
I have a handful of PIN codes to games I’ve already registered, and tonight is the last night of the Club Nintendo year. If any of you guys need some PIN codes to help round out your points so you can earn Gold/Platinum rewards, send me a message and you can have them.
I have codes for:
- New Super Mario Bros (the original DS one)
- Mario Kart DS
- Brain Age 1
- LoZ: Twilight Princess (Nintendo Selects version)
- Animal Crossing: City Folk (I think Nintendo Selects. I think)
- Pokemon White
It’s worth noting that when I started writing this article, I had a completely different topic in mind, and this occurred to me while doing research. I just find that really amusing.
Also, to those of you who’ve sent me notes, I’m about to leave for work and I’ll reply to you when I get home!
You wouldn't mind if I reblogged that so MY followers can see, would you?
You go right ahead!
SALLY-MUN’S BLOWOUT SALE — MAKE ME AN OFFER!
So I recently had to dip into my savings to pay for some really unbelievable animation art recently, and I don’t like doing that if I can avoid it. To offset the costs, I’ve decided to offer lots of collectibles up for sale. These things all really need a new home anyway, so it works out all around. Some of it is stuff I’ve had for years, others are items that I brought home while I worked at GameStop.
If you see something you like, make me an offer and we’ll try to work something out. (PLEASE NOTE that just because I need to make some money back doesn’t mean I’ll accept every offer! I’m flexible with suggestions, but if I know an offer is way below an item’s value, I’ll still reject it.) All buyers are responsible for shipping costs, but I’ll try to keep the price as low as possible. Thank you in advance to anyone that gives this stuff a new home!
THE LIST OF ITEMS IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Chaotix box set, unopened
- Amy with Piko-Piko hammer, unopened
- Derpy Hooves vinyl figure, unopened
- Sonic the Hedgehog 10th Anniversary CD & coin set, unopened
- Mario-themed 3DS case, unopened (x2)
- Sonic the Hedgehog socks, unopened
- Wii remote candy tin, unopened (x3)
- Mario 15” laptop bag, unopened
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D guide
- Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel guide
- Resident Evil 6 guide
- Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2 guide/info book
- MixxZine back issue
- Naruto character files book (Japanese)
- small manga book (I don’t know any of the stories in it, sorry)
- Ranma 1/2 comics
- Teen Titans GO! comic
- Avatar: The Last Airbender comic
- Star Wars: Episode I graphic novels
- Little White Mouse comic (+ poster, not shown)
- Kane & Lynch comic
- Alien Syndrome poster
- Contra 4 poster
- Bleach mini-poster
- Monkey Ball poster
- Monkey Ball stickers
- Naruto leaf scroll pencil bag
- SatAM Sonic the Hedgehog VHS
- Paper Mario sticker book (x2)
- Mario & Sonic Olympics keychains
- Mario & Sonic Olympics styluses
- Tigger change purse
- Jack Skellington earmuffs
- Resistance III chimera-tooth necklace (x4)
- classic Sonic the Hedgehog pencil
- Assassin’s Creed keychain (x7)
- Professor Layton slide puzzle
- Prey 2 keychain
- Sonic the Hedgehog candy tin (empty)
- Star Wars lightsaber spoon
- Sonic: Triple Trouble promo pogs (x3)
- Battlefield 4 dogtags (x2)
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag tattoo sleeve
- Battlefield 4 steelbook game case (no game)
- PlayStation Move lanyard card
- Grand Theft Auto V lanyard card (x2)
- Halo Reach lanyard card
- Battlefield 4 lanyard card (x2)
- L.A. Noire sticker (x a bunch)
- Gears of War 3 sticker (x a bunch)
- Inu Yasha pencil
- Inu Yasha trading cards
- NeoPets keychain plushies
- Vitua Cop keychain (Rage)
- Last Bronx keychain (Yusaku)
- Sonic ASR Transformed gift card (empty)
- various gaming pins
- Tenchi Muyo figures (Ayeka, Sasami, Tenchi, Kagato)
- Pokemon sugar candy
- Pokemon lenticular card
- Pokemon sticker
- Sonic pull-back car capsules (x4)
- Wii U drawstring bag (x2)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts promo book
- Battlefield 4 polo shirt
- Battlefield 4 promo box (empty)
- anime long-sleeve shirt (not sure even what it is)
- Max Payne 3 promo shirt (has the wrong date)
- Brak Show t-shirt (image designed to look deteriorated; a ‘fake old’ shirt)
- UFC 2010 lanyard
- EA Sports lanyard w/card
- Watch Dogs lanyard
- Disney Infinity lanyard
- Battlefield 4 lanyard w/card
If you can’t buy (or don’t see anything you like), please at least reblog or link people who might! Thanks to anyone who can help!